San Diego is the perfect place to visit year round, but there is something magical about celebrating the holidays in a place where you will find Santa catching waves and sandy snowmen lounging in the sun. Don’t let the lack of snow fool you, celebrate the holidays San Diego style!
Grab yourself some hot cocoa and get ready to glide on ice this holiday season. Ice skating is back in San Diego for the holidays and it is a winter activity you are not going to want to miss out on.
- Skating by the Sea: This beachside rink located in Coronado may be the most picturesque ice skating you will ever come across.
- Ice Rink at Liberty Station: Located in Point Loma, this ice rink benefits the Thriving After Cancer Program at the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Rady Children’s Hospital.
- Viejas Outlet Center Ice Rink: This East County rink is dubbed as “Southern California’s Largest Outdoor Ice Skating Rink”.
There’s truly never a bad time to visit one of San Diego’s infamous amusement parks. Each park has fully committed to the holiday season by adding their own unique festive flair.
- Jungle Bells at the Zoo – Calling all animal lovers! During the holidays, the Zoo transforms into a magical winter wonderland. Enjoy light shows, live music, elf acrobats and more!
- SeaWorld – Celebrate the holidays with manta rays, flamingos, seat otters and penguins! Get your cameras ready for the tunnel of lights and 40-foot sea-themed Christmas tree!
- LEGOLAND® – Have you ever seen a 30-foot, fully decorated Christmas tree made out of LEGO®? LEGOLAND® is bursting with holiday cheer this time of year! Catch seasonal shows, enjoy holly jolly treats and explore more of the holiday fun!
Keep traditions alive, even while on vacation! Hop in the car and turn up the Christmas tunes because we have listed some of the best neighborhoods to see Christmas lights in San Diego.
- Candy Cane Lane – Poway
- Willow Walk Road – Oceanside
- Fairway Village – Carmel Mountain Ranch
- Merry-tage Court – Scripps Ranch
Jump on the Old Town Trolley as an elf conductor shares fun holiday facts and traditions while leading you to the festive lights of Old Town, Embarcadero, Seaport Village and Balboa Park.
Planning a trip to America’s Finest City for the holidays? Book your stay at Villa L’Auberge where you can recharge after a day full of San Diego-style, winter activities.